To celebrate the publication of the book I love ma cuisine au robot pâtissier published by Solar, Dorian Nieto reveals his gourmet recipe for apple cake.
Apple Cake Recipe by Dorian Nieto
Preparation 20 MIN
COOKING: 40 MIN
FOR 6-8 PERSONS
– 200 gr flour
-120 g soft butter
-120 g powdered sugar
– 150 g of milk
-½ packet of baking powder
-1 pinch of salt
1. In the processor bowl place the sugar and butter cut into pieces and then mix at speed 4 until the mass is white.
2. Add the egg yolks and milk then mix quickly at 4 until you get a homogeneous cream. Add the flour and baking powder, mixing them at speed 4, then continue until you get a homogeneous dough.
3. Transfer the dough to a bowl and wash the robot bowl. Replace the socket with a whip. Pour the egg whites into the food processor bowl and beat into firm peaks at speed 6.
Gently fold the egg whites into the dough using a spatula. Preheat your oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
5. Cut an apple in half and then cut 10 thin slices using a mandolin starting from the center of the apple. Lemon them. Peel the rest and the second apple. Remove the hearts, then cut everything into thin slices. Cut into pieces, lemon and then add to the dough.
6. Roll the dough into a cake pan coated with butter and flour about 20 cm in diameter. Top with all the apple slices.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. Check readiness with the tip of a knife.
Tip: you can coat the cake with maple syrup or caramel when it comes out of the oven.
I love my kitchen with a pastry robot by Dorian Nieto published by Solar