On June 9, 2022, the Department invited the colleges of Maine-et-Loire to organize a menu based on products and recipes from Anjou. This operation to promote quality and local food in colleges involves 35 colleges. The Department is also deciding on this operation displaying the knowledge of catering teams and manufacturers. More than 16,000 college students were able to enjoy a local meal designed by the institution’s chefs. Given the enthusiasm of all partners and companies, the operation is already targeted back next year.
Here is, for example, what students managed to discover on their plates at Calypso College in Montreuil-Bellay:
- green salad and fresh toast with goat cheese or rillauds d’Anjou salad to your liking
- Poultry with anzhuine sauce served with carrots in cream or anzhuine gallips
- goat hiri
- strawberry mousse and strawberries Loire Valley
or at Pompidou College in Champtoceaux:
- Verrines asparagus, chef terrine, Nantes priest crust and lamb lettuce
- Fresh breton sausage or saith and its white “homemade” butter served with creamy early leeks or fresh rosemary baked potatoes
- organic yogurt or tomme angevine
- organic apples and rhubarb crumble or crémet d’Anjou
Menus prepared by the institution’s chefs with as many sourced products as possible from Maine-et-Loire. manufacturers and suppliers of meat, vegetables, cheeses and fruits are for example is located on average 30 kilometers from the municipality of these facilities.
However, it is a pride that local children eat our products.
Approlocal, an open tool for colleges
The operation is based on the Approlocal platform, a site that allows buyers to receive supplies directly from referred manufacturers. The site is particularly open to school canteens and collective canteens, facilitating local procurement approach. Set in 2021 for tests with ten colleges in Mauges and Cholet, the platform is now used by 15 colleges in Maine-et-Loire. A promising figure that the LOCAL network partners involved in the development of the short circuit want to further increase: the Department, the Pays de la Loire Chamber of Agriculture and the Association of Mayors (AFSA 49).
Return to the news list