RECIPE – Chef Jonathan Garnier presents his best all-in-one roast chicken recipe. Recipe presented by SB cuisine Zeste at Salut Bonjour, Friday, March 18, 2022. Try this delicious easy recipe!
Servings: 4 – Preparation: 15 minutes – Cooking: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- 1 chicken cut into 4
- 6 slices of bacon, cut
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetables with roots (carrots, turnips, parsley, etc.)
- 4 onions cut into four parts
- 1 L (4 cups) Grelot potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 500 ml (2 cups) blonde beer
- 120 ml (8 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 90 ml (6 tablespoons) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Provencal mixed herbs
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) Cajun spice mixture
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven, the shelf in the middle, to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
In a baking dish place the chicken pieces, bacon, root vegetables, onions, potatoes, garlic, meat broth, beer and half the maple syrup.
Coat the chicken pieces with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, Provencal herbs and Cajun spices, cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
Remove the paper, add the rest of the maple syrup to the chicken pieces and cook again, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.