>> Pork in tomato sauce
>> Chicken with sweet and sour sauce
>> Boiled mackerel with pineapple
For four people
Preparation: 35 ‘
Cooking: 25 ‘
– A carp 1.3-1.5 kg
– 2 cans of beer
– 5-6 lemon stalks
– 20 g of ginger
– 25 g galangal (optional)
– 15 g of turmeric
– 30 gr Chinese qiqra
– 30 g of fennel
– 3-4 chili peppers
– Lemon, garlic for dip
– Spices: sauce nuoc mam (fish brine), chicken seasoning Knorr powder or poultry juice, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, cashews
– Rice cakes
– Herb and salad: lettuce, coriander, Chinese chickpeas, pineapple, cucumber, cabbage beans
– Noodles with fresh rice
* Step 1 : preparation of ingredients
Rub the fish with salt and a little lemon juice to reduce the smell, then wash and drain.
– Remove the outer skin from the lemon stalks, wash and cut in half. Crush the stalks a little and then finely chop the green part on top.
– Wash the ginger, chop it finely.
– Grate and finely chop the turmeric.
– Clean the galangal, cut finely.
– Cut the roots of Chinese chickpeas then finely chop their stalk and keep the leaf stalk intact for cooking.
– Cut the fennel roots, wash and keep intact for cooking.
* The second step : fish marinade
– Notice the fish on both sides for faster cooking and better absorption of spices.
– In a large bowl, place the chopped fish and then add the minced lemon, minced ginger, minced galangal, turmeric and chopped chickpea heads then 3 tablespoons (spoon) oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon (teaspoon) Knorr chicken. Powdered spices or chicken broth; 1 tablespoon sugar; 1 teaspoon nuoc mam ; 1/2 tablespoon pepper in fish marinade. You can add 1 tablespoon of red cashew oil to give a nice color to the fish.
– Take an oven handle to rub it evenly on the surface of the fish as well as on the belly and marinate the fish around
* Step 3 : steamed beer
Pour 2 cans of beer into a steamer. Put the crushed lemon stalks, Chinese chickpeas and dill at the bottom, then place the fish on top. Add the marinade from the fish, put the lid on and turn up the high heat until it boils then lower to medium heat and continue cooking for 25 minutes. Turn the fish over if it is large for even cooking.
If you like spicy food, once the fish is ready, you can add a few pieces of fresh chili peppers. For best taste, steamed fish should be eaten hot.
* Step 4 : dipping sauce
Boiled fish with beer is most delicious when wrapped in herb rice cakes, rice vermicelli and served with nuoc mam and garlic.
Preparation for diving
– 2.5 tablespoons nuoc mam
– 2 tablespoons of water
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Stir until the sugar is dissolved and mixed with nuoc mam and lemon juice. Then add the minced garlic and chili pepper and a handful of minced dill leaves. Enjoy your lunch!