Under the name of Tartlet Deco on Instagram, Cassie Winslow reveals his second book of cake recipes (but not only) specializing in flowers. In the cloud Flower supplies, Fans of Deco Tartelette will find floral tips and recipes, as was the case in his first book, Libate me lule. As weddings and summer parties return, Cassie Winslow ends by sharing with us his third recipe to try at home.
After those of lavender pana cream over red fruits and champagne cocktail sublimated with a rose salt, we end up stylishly with the recipe of a cream cake with hibiscus jam and strawberries. Opportunity for the chef to tell us more about this extraordinary dish: “This cake is so beautiful and elegant. Packed with so many floral ingredients, it fits its Garden Party name. From rose water, to orange blossom water, to sugar-filled water, topped with lavender, hibiscus, chamomile and calendula… This cake will make you feel like you are eating in the middle of an extraordinary garden, celebrating flowers in all their glory. And on top of it all? This cake is decorated with pink icing, making it the most beautiful pastry you have ever seen. Garnish with beautiful flowers and some small strawberries. ”
Garden holiday cake recipe with hibiscus cream and strawberries from Cassie Winslowauthor of Tartlet Deco :
For the cake:
- 1 cup [220 g] unsalted butter, at room temperature (more for frying pans)
- 1½ cup [250 g] Garden Party Sugar (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon rose salt (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon water with orange blossom
- ¼ spoon. rose water
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1½ cup [360 ml] whole milk, at room temperature
- 3 and a half cups [420 g] flour cake
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
For hibiscus strawberry jam cream:
- And cups [105 g] chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons. powdered sugar
- 1 C. tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- . Teaspoon dried hibiscus petals
- 1 cup [220 g] unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 and a half cups [350 g] powdered sugar
- 2 and a half teaspoons
- A handful of edible flowers, for decoration
- Small strawberries, for decoration
For a two-tier cake:
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Butter two 23 cm cake tins and cut two pieces of parchment paper to fit the shape of the tin. Coat the paper with butter. Set aside.
In the mixer bowl, beat the butter, Garden Party sugar and pink salt on medium speed until well combined. Add the orange blossom water and the rose water and mix on medium speed until a homogeneous mass is obtained. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and milk until well blended. To book.
In another medium-sized bowl, mix together the cake flour and baking powder until well combined. Add about half of the egg white mass to the mixer bowl and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds. Then add half the flour mass to the mixer bowl and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds. Repeat this, then mix the dough on medium speed until homogeneous, scratching the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary.