Have you heard of the bento cake trend? Jo? Well, you will have fun! Surely you have already heard of bento boxes that have been all the rage! Everyone has one at work and they come in all colors, patterns, shapes and sizes! Yes, you can definitely bake a big chocolate cake and enjoy it like never before! But if you want to make a little creative gift for a birthday (or Christmas!), Here’s a great alternative. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also very cute!
Bento appeared in Kamakura, Japan in the 12th century, when cooked rice and dried rice were transported together to work. Lacquered wooden boxes began to be made specifically for this purpose in the 16th century. School children also came to use them, and in the early 20th century it was decided to ban them from schools, as they were seen as a reflection of family wealth over others. This practice ceased when schools began offering food. Lunch box cakes first appeared in South Korea, referred to as “removable cake” or “non-split cake” because of their small size. The advantage of bento cakes is that you can offer them for any occasion, without the formality of a larger cake.
What is a bento box?
Simply put, bento is a packaged meal with a service that is shipped already assembled and ready to eat. Normally, bento consists of rice or noodles, accompanied by proteins like fish, meat, eggs, nuts or beans. These two focal points are filled with a variety of pickled and cooked vegetables and some fruits, creating a balanced meal for healthy eating outside the home. Indeed, modern bentos can take inspiration from the western world, such as the inclusion of sandwiches, crunchy nachos, yogurts, green salads, and so on. Beyond aesthetics and theme, there are some principles to follow when composing a good bento meal. Variety is the key to a good bento! Ingredients should be purchased according to the season and you have on hand many different items in small quantities.
Bento box cake: recipes
Bento cake looks like an adorable gift and that’s because it is! Yes, preparing the cake may take some time, but imagine the recipient’s face! He will love her. A gift with a bento box cake shows that you have thought and worked hard to make the perfect gourmet gift! Instead of desperately asking for a Valentine’s gift or a birthday present for mom or dad, make one! All you need is a small box to store it. The decorations and scents are in your hand and the people you want to surprise!
Vanilla bento cake with red fruit
By the way, bento vanilla cakes are the most famous in Korea! They are very easy to make and absolutely delicious! So impress your friends and loved ones with this fantastic vanilla cake and make a fantastic gift!
For the base of the cake:
- 2 eggs
- And cups of sugar
- O Ovalette teaspoon (Korean baking mix)
- . Teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup of flour for all uses
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- . Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the cream:
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 125 g of vegetable fat
- 500 gr powdered sugar
- . Spoon of condensed milk
Box of bento vanilla cake: preparation
- Mix the eggs, sugar, ovary and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Add sifted all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to the dough, then mix the mixture. Then add two tablespoons of oil and milk while mixing.
- Pour the dough into 3 different 4-inch greased pans and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Then let the cooked dessert cool before cutting it into 2 or 3 layers.
- For the butter cream, add unsalted butter to a bowl and beat for two minutes. Then add the vegetable oil. Beat for another three minutes until the cream is smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until the mass thickens.
- Then add the condensed milk and vanilla essence before mixing again until the butter becomes soft and creamy.
- Finally assemble the bento cake. Spread the cream with butter on each layer and apply the first layer of cream. After 15 minutes, add the final glaze, decorate and serve.
Bento cake with chocolate pomegranate
For chocolate lovers: DeaVita presents a chocolate bento cake recipe, which you will not be able to resist!
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup flour for all uses
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder without sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup neutral oil (like canola or grape seeds)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup full sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- 3 ounces semi-sweet, chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- a little light corn syrup (to keep the glaze smooth, optional)
- pomegranate aris, for decoration
Bento box of chocolate cake: preparation
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and place a shelf on the bottom third of the oven.
- Finally, lay out a round cake pan 15 cm (5 cm wide) with parchment paper and grease the sides with a little oil.
- Then, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Le menjane.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, sugar, cream, egg, vanilla and coffee.
- Join the two bowls.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. It will start to pull from the sides when cooked.
- Remove the cake from the pan by gently shaking it with one hand. Remove the parchment paper from the bottom, then place in a small cake pan.
- In a double boiler, combine the chopped chocolate, cream and corn syrup. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the cake and garnish with pomegranate.
Aesthetic recipe of bento cake
For the cake
- 140 g softened butter
- 50 g (3½ tablespoons) coconut oil
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 320 g (2⅓ cups) flour for all uses
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 240 g (1 cup) milk or buttermilk
- . Teaspoon salt
For the butter
- 400 g softened butter
- 400 g (3 cups) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A little milk as desired
- 400 – 500 g (3 – 4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- The juice of half a lemon
- Any flavor extract you prefer (vanilla, almond, etc.)
Aesthetic box bento keku: preparation
For the cake
- In a large bowl combine the butter, oil, white sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Add the dry sifted ingredients and butter and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake dough into a greased 30cm x 25cm pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven at 150 ° C for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overdo it.
- Allow to cool completely.
For themes / decorations
- Mix the egg whites, powdered sugar and lemon juice. If desired, add food coloring and flavoring.
- Make powders.
For the butter
- In a bowl beat the butter and vanilla extract for 2 minutes until the mass becomes foamy and soft.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating this mixture until it is homogeneous, creamy and well mixed.
- For a looser freeze, add milk at room temperature or a little thick cream.
- Buttercups can be made up to a week in advance. If you make this cream prematurely, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before mixing again.
- Once the cake is frozen, cover and store at room temperature.
To decorate your cake, use your imagination and your artistic talent! It may not be perfect, but it will look absolutely delicious!
In fact, decorating a bento cake is not much different from decorating an ordinary cake! You will only need smaller portions and save more money! But let’s be honest: it’s a win-win situation. However, we will still give you some tips to easily decorate your cake! Just to remind you! Or to help those in desperate need of cake decorating tips!
- Prepare the essentials: the piping bag, the food coloring, the shoulder, the roll holder.
- Make your own cream from scratch: it’s so much better!
- Get some parchment paper: you do not want your cake to stick everywhere!
- Finally, have fun!
id = “more-416603″>
Are you planning a picnic in the inner circle? Bring bento cakes!
The easiest way to decorate your cake: fruit!
Not only is bento cake delicious, but it is also a wonderful gift!
Get inspired to create fall cakes next year!
Want to share a romantic dessert? Prepare a bento cake for two!
Or just eat… There will be more for you!
Cakes come in many forms. Try making one with cookies!
Let’s face it, chocolate chips are the perfect addition to any dessert!
Desert for two